Media Release - October 17, 2016
Volunteer Gate Ambassadors receive fundsWhile the Parksville Beach Festival Society members work year round to create the ever popular summer events alongside beautiful Parksville beach, this time of year is when they host their most favorite event: cheque presentations to the volunteer gate ambassadors.
In a recent public presentation at City Hall with Parksville City Council and representatives from Quality Foods, Beach Festival Society board members presented (18) eighteen philanthropic groups with cheques that together totaled $60,000. These volunteers greeted, counted, informed and gathered feedback from visitors attended the 2016 Quality Foods Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition and Exhibition. This hallmark event captured a record breaking attendance of 133,430 visitors through the sand sculpting gates in 2016.
Parksville Beach Festival president, Cheryl Dill, remarked on the importance of volunteer involvement at Beach Festival. ¡§These volunteers are our partners in ensuring this extraordinary event is a success¡¨ commented Dill. "Engagement of local, enthusiastic residents who are connected to beneficial services in our area, is key to our event sustainability and ongoing development."
The following groups donated over 2700 person hours towards the event:
- Arrowsmith Search & Rescue
- Bowser Seniors Housing Society
- Errington Therapeutic Riding Assn
- Forward House Community Society
- Knights of Columbus
- Mid Vancouver Island Habitat Enhancement
- Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation
- Oceanside Community Safety Volunteers
- Parksville Curling Club
- Parksville Lions Club
- Parksville Qualicum Elks #589
- Preceptor Delta Zeta
- Rotary Club of Parksville AM
- Rotary Club of Parksville Noon Hour
- Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach Sunrise
- Royal Canadian Legion Bowser Ladies Auxiliary
- Royal Canadian Legion Parksville Ladies Auxiliary
- Xi Delta Pi Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi
Cheryl Dill, email@example.com 250.954.8262