Where would a community be without the many volunteers who provide their expertise, talent and time to benefit others?
Non profit volunteer organizations may apply to be ‘Goodwill Gate Ambassadors’ for the Quality Foods Sand Sculpting Competition & Exhibition. Their job is to staff the gates and greet visitors during the Competition weekend and 5-week Exhibition. Each volunteer group commits to between 4 and 8, 3 to 4 hour shifts throughout the Festival. This is a large commitment of time and resources and the Parksville Beach Festival Society could not do it without them!
In exchange for their volunteer time during the Exhibition, each organization shares in the proceeds from the donations collected at the gate. In some cases, this is the organization’s largest fundraiser for the year. In 2019, $68,818.75 was shared amongst 25 volunteer groups, who in turn used this money to support their various community projects.
- Arrowsmith Search & Rescue
- Bowser Seniors Housing Society
- Deep Bay Fire/Rescue Society
- Forward House Community Society
- Knights of Columbus Ascension Council 7991
- Ladies Auxiliary, The Royal Canadian Legion Bowser Branch #211
- Mid Vancouver Island Habitat Enhancement Society
- Nanoose Community Services
- Navy League of Canada Oceanside Branch
- Oceanside Community Safety
- Oceanside Hospice Society“
- Parksville Curling Club
- Parksville Lawn Bowling Club
- Parksville Lioness Service Club
- Parksville Lions Club
- Parksville Oceanside Quilters (Victoria’s Quilts Guild)
- Parksville Qualicum Adult Literacy Guild
- Parksville Quilt House Quilter’s Guild
- Preceptor Delta Zeta
- Qualicum & District Curling Club
- Rotary Club of Parksville
- Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach Evening
- Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach Sunrise
- Xi Delta Pi Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi
Volunteers are the backbone of Parksville Beach Festival.
Master sculptors from all around the world apply to participate in Parksville’s annual competition each year.