Where would a community be without the many volunteers who provide their expertise, talent and time to benefit others?
Non profit volunteer organizations may apply to be ‘Goodwill Gate Ambassadors’ for the Quality Foods Sand Sculpting Competition & Exhibition. Their job is to staff the gates and greet visitors during the Competition weekend and 5-week Exhibition. Each volunteer group commits to between 4 and 8, 3 to 4 hour shifts throughout the Festival. This is a large commitment of time and resources and the Parksville Beach Festival Society could not do it without them!
In exchange for their volunteer time during the Exhibition, each organization shares in the proceeds from the donations collected at the gate. In some cases, this is the organization’s largest fundraiser for the year. In 2022, $75,012 was shared amongst 26 volunteer groups, who in turn used this money to support their various community projects.
- Bowser Seniors Housing Society
- CatSpan Ferals Registered Charity
- Deep Bay Fire/Rescue Society
- Forward House Community Society
- Fraternal Order of Eagles
- Hub International Insurance Brokers
- Knights of Columbus Ascension Council 7991
- Knox United Church
- Mid Vancouver Island Habitat Enhancement Society
- Oceanside Community Arts Council/McMillan Arts Centre
- Oceanside Community Safety
- Oceanside Hospice Society
- Oceanside Stroke Recovery Society
- Parksville Curling Club
- Parksville Lawn Bowling Club
- Parksville Lions Club (1969)
- Parksville Qualicum Adult Literacy Society
- Parksville Quilt House Quilter’s Guild
- Parksville-Qualicum Elks #589
- Preceptor Delta Zeta
- Qualicum & District Curling Club
- Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach
- Royal Canadian Legion BR49 Ladies Auxiliary
- Sources Community Resources Society
- Victoria’s Quilts Canada – Parksville Branch
Volunteers are the backbone of Parksville Beach Festival.
Master sculptors from all around the world apply to participate in Parksville’s annual competition each year.