Art In the Park Artisan Market
This two-day artisan market takes place in the gardens surrounding the tennis courts at the Parksville Community Park. Paintings, sculptures, jewelry, pottery, photography, art cards, children’s clothing, art glass and much more will be available to purchase.
Date and Location:
Art in the Park will take place July 20, 10:00am to 6:00pm & July 21, 2024, 10:00am to 4:00pm
Artisan Application Guidelines:
- Artisan application submissions will be accepted starting February 12, 2024 to March 31, 2024. Vendors will be informed if accepted on or before April 20, 2024. If space is still available after April 20, vendor applications will still be accepted and reviewed. Please note due to overwhelming demand, your acceptance is not guaranteed, even if you have participated in the past.
- Products being sold must be 100% handmade by applicant. Goods from other countries or manufactured goods will not be considered.
- If you have multiple categories of items, select your main category, but submit descriptions and photos of each category.
- No flea market, second hand, liquidated items or drug paraphernalia is to be sold. We reserve the right to decline goods that do not follow our guidelines and to jury all products being sold by artisans.
- Food products must be handmade in an approved kitchen. You must submit a copy of your current VIHA permit with your application.
- Organizers reserve to right to to limit the number of vendors in a particular category (e.g. jewelry, pottery)
- The cost to participate is $125.00 + GST. We do not accept single day registrations. Payment will be required once you have been accepted into the Market. You will have 5 days to submit payment.
Space Requirements/Set up:
- Once vendors have been accepted, they will be sent the layout and asked to select their top 3 locations. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests; however it is not possible to satisfy everyone.
- All artisans will be assigned a 10×10 space. All merchandise displayed is to remain in your allocated space. Artisans are responsible for their table(s), chairs, tent and other equipment. Please do not change locations, unless by permission of the event organizers.
- Shade is at a premium on-site and cannot be guaranteed.
- Set up is between 7:30-9:30am, with public viewing beginning at 10:00am. As you drive into the Parksville Community Park, a representative will greet and direct you to your assigned spot. You may drive close to your designated spot along the road to unload, but your vehicle must be parked in the public parking lots of the park as soon as possible.
- Power is NOT available due to the location in the Park.
- Please ensure you pack up your items at the end of the day on the Saturday. You can leave your tent and tables as we will provide roving security overnight. Walls on your tent which you can close are recommended. Overnight security will be provided but it is advisable not to leave valuables onsite unattended.
- Artisans are required to remove all recycling and garbage, leaving their sites clean and clear.
- Please leave your pets at home.
- If you sell out before the end of the day, we ask that your booth remains set-up until the end of the day, so not to disrupt those around you.
Artisans are responsible for providing their own insurance. The Parksville Beach Festival Society’s insurance does not cover the artisans for any loss, theft or damage to merchandise, products or displays.
The event will take place rain or shine!
If you are unable to participate in the event, please email email@example.com. Sorry, but no refunds will be made. Substitutions will be at the discretion of the organizers.
Put your business in the spotlight and reach over 100,000 potential customers. There are many ways to participate! If you don’t find the right fit for your business and budget, we would be happy to customize a benefit package to suit your needs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master sculptors from all around the world apply to participate in Parksville’s annual competition each year.