2019 WinnersThe 2019 Quality Foods Sand Sculpting Competition took place July 12-14. Visitors witnessed master sculptors carving sand to the theme of "Myths & Legends." Twenty-nine competitors were allotted 30 hours to convert 350 yards of sand into sculptures based on this very broad theme. Parksville Beach Festival Society awarded a total of $47,700 to sculptors on the Sunday evening. The results of the competition are below.
- 5th Melineige Beauregard (Quebec) for "Creation of the Abenakis Nation"
- 4th Yoshiko Matsugi (Japan) for "A Dream Comes True"
- 3rd Karen Jean Fralich (Ontario) for "Royal Guardian"
- 2nd Enguerrand David (Belgium) for "Pinnochio on Vacation at Okanagan Lake"
- 1st Ilya Filimontsev (Russia) for "Icarus"
- 3rd Wilfred Stijger & Edith van de Wetering for "Don't Fly To High"
- 2nd Sue McGrew (USA) & Dmitry Klimenko (Russia) for "Popcorn for the People"
- 1st Jacinthe Trudel & Jonathan Bouchard (Quebec) for "Believe"
Competitor's Choice (Selected by their peers)
- Double Sue McGrew (USA) & Dmitry Klimenko (Russia) for "Popcorn for the People"
- Solo Marielle Heessels (Netherlands) for "Enough"
People's Choice (Selected by the public)
- Double Jacinthe Trudel & Jonathan Bouchard (Quebec) for "Believe"
- Solo Peter Vogelaar (British Columbia) for "Beneath the Waves"