Our VolunteersWhere would a community be without the many volunteers who give back their expertise, talents, and time to benefit others?
Non profit volunteer organizations may apply to be 'Goodwill Ambassadors' for the Quality Foods Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition. Their job is to man the gates and greet visitors during the 5-week Beach Festival. Each volunteer group commits to 4-8 four-hour shifts throughout the 5 weeks. This is a large commitment of time and manpower and the Parksville Beach Festival could not do it without them!
In exchange for their volunteer time at the Competition, each organization shares in the proceeds from the donations collected at the gate. In some cases this is the organization's largest fundraiser for the year. In 2016, $60,000 in cash was distributed to the volunteer groups, who in turn used this money for their various community projects.
The following Goodwill Ambassadors helped out in 2016. Thank you for your service!
- Arrowsmith Search & Rescue
- Bowser Seniors Housing Society
- Errington Therapeutic Riding Assn
- Forward House
- Knights of Columbus
- Mid Vancouver Island Habitat Enhancement
- Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation
- Oceanside Community Safety Volunteers
- Parksville Curling Club
- Parksville Lions Club
- Parksville/Qualicum Elks #589
- Preceptor Delta Zeta
- Rotary Club of Parksville AM
- Rotary Club of Parksville Noon Hour
- Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach Sunrise
- Royal Canadian Legion Bowser Ladies Auxiliary
- Royal Canadian Legion Parksville Ladies Auxiliary
- Xi Delta Pi Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi