About the CompetitionDuring the 39 days of the 2016 Parksville Beach Festival, we had an amazing 133,430 visitors to the event... Most of these people were from out of town. They spent their vacation dollars in local businesses on food, accommodations, gas and many other goods and services. Your support for the Parksville Beach Festival is greatly appreciated.
We thank you for your generous donations at the gate. Volunteer organizations in our community give their time for the duration of the Beach Festival as Goodwill Ambassadors greeting visitors at the Exhibition entrance.
In 2016, 18 Volunteer Organizations shared $60,000 raised from the gate proceeds which will be used to help those in need in our community.
P.O. Box 28 Parksville, BC V9P 2G3 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.parksvillebeachfest.ca
Of the 133,430 visitors, over 40,000 signed our Guest Book. They represented visitors from all of the Canadian Provinces and Territories, plus all of the states in the USA, as well as visitors from many other countries around the world!
Here's what some of our visitors had to say..
- I've been coming since I was a kid and it's always awesome!" Eryn from Duncan, BC
- You need to do this where I live!!" Yasmin from PA, USA
- I have never seen a better sand castle! Mike from Toronto, ON
- I've never seen anything so spectacular" Margo from Washago, ON
- I was stunned at how spectacular they are" Hannah from Surrey, BC
- Amazing to see and worth the drive" Syd from Lake Cowichan, BC
- Fantastic! Hard to pick a winner!" Elaine from Scotland
- Unbelievable! 1st time seeing something like this!" Janet from Seattle, WA
- Great experience;amazing skillful art" Manmeet from Surrey, BC
- A once in a lifetime experience! Thank you volunteers!" Conlonee from White Rock, BC
- Mind blowing! So much talent!" Colton from Nanaimo, BC
- Impactful and shocking!" Andrea from Victoria, BC
- This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!" Jessica from Vancouver, BC
- Very amazing! I appreciate the talent" John from Victoria, BC
- It's hard to believe these were all made of sand!" Kyle from West Australia
- Love the depth and meaning of the sculptures" The Harrison's from Red Deer, AB
- Love the write ups about the sand art." Christine from Nanaimo
- Amazing effort by all sculptors. Everybody is a winner here today! Caleb from Edmonton, AB
- This is crazy good!" Natalie from Cranbrook, BC
- Fantastic! Makes me want to play in the sand!" The Brandts from Tacoma, WA